Tuesday, July 5, 2011

ooohh...ahh...






Our 4th didn't quite go as planned. We arrived hours early in Columbia & spread our blanket in the primmest of locations. We were just feet from the band, overlooking the lake with a water fountain in clear view of the pending fireworks display. As time passed, blankets continued to cover every speck of ground. There were hundreds and hundreds of people. All is good until the lady on the loud speaker tells us (& about 5 others) to move our blankets because of "fire code regulations". Really? Needless to say we were thrilled to watch the display from the car. Then we spent hours in traffic. Wonderful.

Oh well, at the end of the night, good music has the power to mend all that ails us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a fine artist currently working mostly in photography & mixed media. I received my BFA in studio art from Maryville University in 2007. I am currently 3 classes from earning my MAT from Lindenwood University. I look forward to sharing a glimpse of my life, love & artwork.