Saturday, May 28, 2011

the silver lining...

The Forest of Ferns.


We stumbled upon this while hiking in the Annapolis Rocks of Maryland.


The hike was rocky and seemed neverending.


We found some rocks for Nick.
Did I mention that he has dare-devil tendencies?

The 5 mile treck was well worth it as we gazed upon the skys with its clouds that hung hugely and opressively. The roar of thunder advised us to head back. Considering how far out we were, seeking shelter almost seemed like a better choice. We decided to attempt to outrun the storm. With darkness looming and the cold north wind breathing down our necks, we ran stumbling back. Shivering and relieved, we found shelter in the truck just before the storm let loose.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a fine artist currently working mostly in photography & mixed media. I received my BFA in studio art from Maryville University in 2007. I am currently 3 classes from earning my MAT from Lindenwood University. I look forward to sharing a glimpse of my life, love & artwork.