Tuesday, May 31, 2011

alongside the road...

Living out of a bag is not easy--conditioner, q-tips, contact solution, all the things you knew you shouldn't have brought but knew you couldn't live without. It's just not easy. Today I am thankful that I brought this hat. I guess Nick is right about the uselessness of accumulating "stuff". Living like a nomad makes you grateful for the few things you do have.


P.S. The flowers were picked from the side of the road. Nick has veered off the path several times so that I can gather wildflowers (really they are just weeds) for our homestead. I have to spruce it up somehow...right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a fine artist currently working mostly in photography & mixed media. I received my BFA in studio art from Maryville University in 2007. I am currently 3 classes from earning my MAT from Lindenwood University. I look forward to sharing a glimpse of my life, love & artwork.